Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Wishing You the Best

I have made this card for my father-in-law who is having some health concerns. It is quite hard to make a masculine card, and I am not sure whether I achieved the look (let me know what you think). The colours used are night of navy, brocade blue, old olive, more mustard and very vanilla. I used a stamp from petal prints to create branch design. The branch colours have been done using old olive ink, and just continually stamped to create different shades of the same colour. The sentiment has been taken from the hostess set 'Riveting' which will soon be retired. I have stamped the sentiment on more mustard and then old olive cardstock, and then cut star from old olive image and mounted onto more mustard. I then have used stampin' dimensionals to lift design off from card (which may be difficult to see in photo). The brocade blue cardstock has been stamped with image from fresh fillers in brocade blue ink to give added interest.

No comments: