Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wild about you...Kurt!

Well as promised, this is the album in a box I have just completed for a friend from playgroup. She had a baby boy on Saturday who she called Kurt. I have to admit that I CASeD this design from one of my friends who made this box for her sister at my last workshop. I fell in love with the elephant and just couldn't wait to try it out for myself. The sun is one of the flower stamps from the 'Looks like Spring' stamp set. The remainder of the picture has been created using the 'Wild About You' stamp set. The elephant has been stamped in buckaroo blue. The flower in his trunk was quite easy to do. I just inked the petals in cranberry crisp and the stem in true thyme, then stamped directly onto the cardstock. The grass (also in true thyme) was created by inking just the stem (without petals) and stamping free hand across bottom of cardstock. All other material used to create this project are listed at the end of the post.

I decided that I would add a personal touch to this album, and place baby quotes in the box. I have provided a close up of one of these quotes. I found an excellent site called The Stamper's Versalog, which provides verses and quotes for all occasions. There are some other great sites also such as Scrapbooking Quotes, but if you Google the words scrapbooking quotes, you will be amazed at the number of sites available. If your anything like me, trying to find the perfect quote for a card, scrapbooking page or project can be quite hard, and it's nice to be able to access such sites.

All the box needs now is some gorgeous photos of the new bundle of joy, which I will leave for the new parents, and they will have a lovely little memory box to show and display.

Material used:

Stamp sets: Wild about you, looks like spring, headline alphabet

Stamp pads: Buckaroo blue, cranberry crisp, true thyme, marigold morning

Cardstock: Vintage violet, cool carribean, sage shadow & very vanilla

Accessories: Fonts from computer, stamper's versalog, album in a box template & adhesive

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you have the instructions somewhere for these? I would love to make one for my daughter. she is getting married in June and I have a bunch of "pre wedding" pictures. thanks.

sshirka@sbcglobal.net