Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Braydon's Christening Invitation

One of my girlfriend's sister asked me if I could help design an invitation for her son's christening. I was so honoured to be asked, that I made a sample the same day. Together we have tweeked the layout, and this is the end result. I think it is very adorable. Let me know your thoughts.

To make this card, we have taken an A4 piece of brocade blue cardstock and cut it lengthways. I have used the paisley background stamp and white craft stamp pad to create pattern. The bottom third of the card has been folded to create a flap. The little patterned anchors my girlfriend's sister located at Spotlight (I don't think we could have matched it any better). We used a brocade blue brad to adhere to the card. Decorative scissors have been used along the fold of the brocade blue. The matte used on the front is close to cocoa and natural ivory. The personalisation and verse has been done on the computer. The insert for the card is made from natural ivory cardstock. We have punched the corners of the insert using the slit punch. The word 'Celebrate' has been taken from the All about U stamp set. We have double stamped using brocade blue and chocolate chip ink to create a shadowing. The Teddy bear has been taken from Favorite Teddy Bear which is a set due to retire shortly (Boo Hoo)! All of the pieces have been stamped with chocolate chip and then cut out and adhered to the card. The colours used include: close to cocoa, so saffron and old olive. The scarf has been highlighted in certain places using a white gel pen. The date/time/place/RSVP stamp was taken from the Backyard BBQ stamp set which is in the current Summer mini catalogue (which expires at the end of the month). I think that is all the details I can give.....what an essay. Hope you like.

No comments: