Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lots of Purple!!


This is another card I fell in love with on Splitcoast Stampers!! I love the colours used and the effect of the paisley background on the pale plum cardstock looks really classy. This card was very simple to make. I cut a piece of pale plum cardstock slighty smaller than the perfect plum card. I inked the paisley background stamp (page 108) with pale plum ink and stamped the pale plum cardstock. The birthday sentiment has been taken from sincere salutations (page 119) and stamped in perfect plum. The birthday cake, taken from greetings galore (page 56), has been stamped onto whisper white cardstock in black ink and then coloured using my stampin' pastels and blender pens. It has then been adhered to a piece of perfect plum cardstock which I have scalloped using some decorative scissors. Before adhering this image to the card, I have wrapped a piece of whisper white grosgrain ribbon (page 146) around the pale plum cardstock. I then have done a faux bow on the perfect plum using my double rectangle punch (page 142). I think it is quite cute!! Let me know what you think. Have a great long weekend!!

1 comment:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So, so cute! I LOVE purple!