Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Nephew's First Birthday Invite

My sister flattered me the other day when she offered to pay me to design my nephew's first birthday invitation....the pressure!!! I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so as per usual, I jumped onto Splitcoast Stampers and cruised the gallery for ideas. I knew I wanted to use the Wild About You stamp set (pg 87) so when I found this design I decided to CaSE it (copy and share everything). As you can see in the first photo the invite is inclosed within the framework of the card (pocket created at front of design). I also decided to put some magnetic tape on the back so that the guests could attach to their fridges for easy reference (see second photo). The last photo just shows you what the card looks like without the invite insert in the pocket. The actual invite template I have designed on the computer and attached directly to the cardstock insert. I have listed below the material I have used to make this design. I had a lot of fun making this, particularly as this is my very first nephew. It is always rewarding to create something for someone who is very special and dear to us!!!

Stamp sets: Wild About You (pg 87), Print Pattern (pg 105) and All About U (pg 115)
Cardstock: Always artichoke, so saffron & whisper white
Ink: basic black, marigold morning, true thyme, buckaroo blue
Accessories: gold eyelets, brown ribbon, magnetic tape, white gel pen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is really cute. What a great idea using the magnetic strips! Thanks, Donna