Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Monday, September 3, 2007

Candle Decorating



I have been experimenting with candle decorating over the last few months after I saw a tutorial for it on Splitcoast Stampers and seeing a lovely example in the current Stampin' Up® catalogue (pg 67). These are some photos of the one I have made today. You can pick plain candles up from most variety shops quite cheaply. I have used cranberry crisp, true thyme and confetti cream for my paper. I have stamped the cranberry crisp paper with the Print Pattern background stamp (pg105). I have used a white gel pen (pg 145) for the dots. The true thyme has been shaped using some decorative scissors. Wonderful Words stamp set (pg 114) has been used on the confetti cream. I have embellished the candle using some paper flowers I got at the recent Stitches and Craft show in Sydney, which I think finish the project off nicely. The paper has been adhered using adhesive, and some brads (pg 146) have been used for added effect. I am really loving the versatility I have with my Stampin' Up® products!!!!

No comments: