Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Friday, August 1, 2008

Faux Tearing Technique

I didn't realise how bright this card was until I took the photo! I hope you can picture it OK. Faux tearing is a technique that is very effective. It creates the illusion of more layers, when in fact only one is used. All you do is pick a piece of coloured cardstock (I have used apricot appeal), and then pick a coordinating stamp pad (in this case, cameo coral). Take a piece of blank paper and tear it. Place it across the cardstock where you would like your faux tear line to be. Take your ink pad and a sponge dauber, and sponge along the edge of the tear. When completed, move the torn paper upwards slightly, and then ink a stamp of your choice (I used the paisley background stamp) and stamp over the top. Voila!!! Now it's just a matter of decorating the card to your liking. I have used a hostess set from last year's catalogue called 'Blooming with Happiness'. I have coloured the flowers of the cake using my stamp pad lids and blender pen. I recommend that you give this a try......it is so easy, and I am sure whoever you give the card to will be impressed.

Materials used:

Stamp sets: Blooming with happiness & paisley background stamp
Cardstock: Apricot appeal, certainly celery & whisper white
Stamp pads: Cameo coral, apricot appeal, chocolate chip, summer sun & creamy caramel
Accessories: Scrap paper, sponge daubers & blender pens

1 comment:

Sam Coppack said...

Great to see you back online! I hope the move went well! Thanks for your wonderful explanation of this technique, I had no idea how to do it before! Now I'll have to give it a go!!!