Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Pretty Princess







Well as you can see I have fallen in love with the Joy Fold Card. This was another opportunity to make one. One of my girlfriend's daughter turns two this weekend, so here it is. I had some leftover designer series paper from last year's catalogue, called 'Slumber Party'. It coordinates beautifully with perfect plum, pale plum & pretty in pink cardstock, which I thought were nice girly colours. The stamp set I used was Pretty Princess (page 38). I stamped the image in perfect plum ink directly to whisper white cardstock. I then stamped the image on to some coordinating designer series paper and barely banana, and paper pieced the dress, star and heart on the crown for additional effect. I have also sponged the whisper white cardstock with perfect plum ink to give a more distressed/antique look to the card. The stars in the upper right corner have been created using a star punch (not Stampin' Up) and adhered with Stampin' dimensionals. I am also proud to say, that I drew and then cut out the number '2' for the bottom of the card, and stamped some stars onto the number. I've decided that I will need to buy a numerical stamp set for occasions such as these.


Materials used:

Stamp sets: Pretty princess
Cardstock: Perfect plum, pale plum, pretty in pink, whisper white, barely banana & slumber party DS
Stamp pads: Perfect plum
Accessories: Stampin' dimensionals, glitter glue & white gel pen

1 comment:

Sam Coppack said...

This is gorgeous! Very good job on the number 2, well done! This set is definately on my wish list!