Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Friday, February 29, 2008

Birthday Card for my Sister!

My sister turns 30 next week (hope she doesn't mind me telling you)!! I decided to have a play and make a special card for her. I am undecided as to whether I like the final outcome...let me know what you think!! The colour combination is perfect plum, elegant eggplant & certainly celery. I have also taken some patterned paper from the slumber party pack to add some contrast to the side of the card. It has been sponged around edges with perfect plum to give a more weathered/aged appearance. The flowers have been created using the Spring Bouquet Flower punch (the brads are some I had...not Stampin' Up). The two girls have been stamped onto whisper white cardstock using the all in the family stamp set (which will be available in the new catalogue this year) and coloured in using Stampin' pastels. I have also distressed the whisper white cardstock using a pair of scissors. A summary of the materials used are listed below. Have a nice day!!!

Stamp sets: All in the Family & birthday whimsy
Stamp pads: Perfect plum & chocolate chip
Cardstock: Perfect plum, elegant eggplant, certainly celery, whisper white & slumber party
Accessories: Stampin' pastels, blender pens, spring bouquet flower punch, scissors & brads

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks GREAT! And I'm sure she'll love it!

Nardi said...

Happy birthday to your sister. 'm sure she'll love the card.