Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Monday, February 4, 2008

Welcome to the world Grace Denise!


My sister's sister-in-law (do you follow that) had a beautiful baby girl last month. It is her first baby, and long awaited for! I naturally wanted to design something personal to convey my best wishes to the new parents, and this is what I came up with. All the material used is available through Stampin' Up, except for the patterned paper, which is a Heidi Grace design called 'Loving you Dots'. It went well with the dots on the butterflies so I couldn't resist! I also used some rub-on letters for the name which I picked up at one of the craft shows I attended last year. The butterfly stamps are from a Hostess Level 3 set, available in the upcoming catalogue, called Time Well Spent (absolutely gorgeous), the welcome baby button stamp is from a Hostess Level 1 set, available in the current catalogue, called Riveting. The minature hearts are from Small Sayings, a stamp set currently in the Mini Summer Catalogue. It is a very cute set, and reasonably priced at $29.95 (set of 12). Obviously, two of the stamps are only available to you as a hostess, so if you like any, it is added incentive to host a Stampin' Up workshop for your family and friends. Feel free to contact me if you are interested.
The card took a little while to make, more because I couldn't make up my mind as to what I wanted to do. The card is made from pretty in pink cardstock. I have sponged around the edges with pixie pink to give a weathered look. The butterflies have been stamped on whisper white cardstock with perfect plum, and coloured using the lids of my stamp pads and a blender pen. I have then mounted the butterflies bodies directly to the card and placed Stampin' dimensionals under their wings to give the illusion of fluttering. I have added some glitter glue to them and the minature hearts for added sparkle! I have stamped the welcome little one onto pink passion and certainly celery and cut out the nappy pin from the certainly celery image and mounted onto the pink passion one. It in turn has been mounted to the card using Stampin' dimensionals. I then have used some chocolate grosgrain ribbon to finish off the design. I am happy with the result. Let me know what you think.
Finally I would like to say congratulations to Scott and Susan on the safe arrival of their darling little girl, Grace Denise. Wishing you every happiness as you begin this exciting and wonderful new venture as parents. God Bless!!
Material used:
Stamp sets: Time well spent, riveting and simple sayings
Stamp pads: Pixie pink, perfect plum, tempting turquoise & green galore
Cardstock: Pretty in pink, pink passion, certainly celery & whisper white
Accessories: Chocolate grosgrain ribbon, stampin' dimensionals, blender pen & glitter glue

No comments: