Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Christmas Cheer

I am having a workshop tomorrow, and the hostess requested some Christmas designs. This is one of the cards I have adapted from a design on Splitcoast Stampers. It uses Stampin' Up® stamp set Hung Up on the Holidays (pg 24). I LOVE this set. The price is quite reasonable too, $29.95 for 6 stamps!!! I have made this card using the In Colour range (pg 127). The card is made from buckaroo blue, while the mattes are cranberry crisp and whisper white. The inks used for the ornaments are all from the In Colour range as well. True thyme, cranberry crisp, buckaroo blue and marigold morning. The ornament strings are basic black. Too add a little 'dazzle', I used the Stampin' Around ® Twinkle (pg 25) at the bottom of the card and inked it with a silver Encore® pad. I have hand written the Merry Christmas under the star. I am surprised, that although the colours are not what you'd call Christmasey, the card has a holiday season feel to it. It definitely makes me want to try other colours for my Christmas cards this year to make them a little different from the everyday ones. Maybe you can give it a try too!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this, great colours. well done