Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Friday, September 19, 2008

Little Girl's Birthday Card



My son has been invited to a girl's 5th birthday party tomorrow. The theme is princesses and fairies (I know, my son has been informed he can wear batman, spiderman or something else boy related). Anyway, I couldn't go past the 'Pretty Princess' stamp set (page 38). I also bought a new cuttlebug embossing folder called 'Textiles' which I couldn't resist using on the card itself. I have used a piece of pale plum and covered using the Dazzling Diamond effect (see this post). I have stamped the princess image on very vanilla cardstock using chocolate chip ink. I have then used my blender pens and stamp pad lids to colour image in. The very vanilla was then attached to pretty pink cardstock and adhered to the card using Stampin'dimensionals. The tag was made using the tag punches, both located on page 142. Hope you like!!
Materials used:
Stamp sets: Pretty princess
Cardstock: Perfect plum, pale plum, pretty in pink & very vanilla
Stamp pads: Perfect plum, pale plum, pretty in pink, apricot appeal, certainly celery, chocolate chip & versamark
Accessories: Heat tool, heat & stick powder, Stampin'glitter, stampin'dimensionals, tag punch, eyelet setter, eyelet, ribbon, cuttlebug & embossing folder.

1 comment:

Alison Engesser said...

Good job Megan. I love the dry embossing. Very sweet.