Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Friday, February 27, 2009

My Little Fish


I had a scrapbooking day with a girlfriend yesterday. Always good when I need some inspiration. I had some photos from my son's swimming lessons last year that I wanted to scrap. Blue was an obvious colour choice as my theme, but which blue??? I decided on Blue Bayou from the current In Colour range and built my page from there. The DS paper is from fall flowers (pg 134). I have then used my Big Pieces (pg 88) and Little Pieces (pg 88) to create my embellishments. I have stamped in blue bayou, soft sky & old olive and then used my 1 3/8"& 3/4" punches, which saves alot of time cutting out and ensures perfect circles everytime. I have mounted the circles using double sided tape & stampin' dimensionals to give add depth to the page. The title I have used Headline Alphabet(retired) and stamped in versamark ink onto River Rock cardstock. I did have to cut these letters out by hand, which was the most time consuming part of the whole project. I then outlined the letters using my white gel pen. Lastly I have used my microsoft word program to write some phrases regarding the photos and printed straight onto my whisper white cardstock. Let me know what you think.
Materials used:
Stamp sets: Headline alphabet, big pieces & little pieces
Cardstock: Blue bayou, river rock, whisper white & DS fall flowers
Stamp pads: Blue bayou, old olive, sky blue & versamark
Accessories: Stampin' dimensionals, white gel pen, microsoft word, 1 3/8"punch & 3/4"punch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this page - love the cirlces. Donna