Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Dorothy the Dinosaur


I went shopping with my girlfriend today and our two girls(who are 5 weeks apart in age), to get their birthday presents for each other. My girl is obsessed with Dora and My Little Pony, while her daughter loves Dorothy. When I got home I decided I wanted to make my own special Dorothy the Dinosaur card for Jess. I was surprised at how well she turned out. I think I will try my hand at Dora for my daughter's birthday next.
It was not very difficult, just fiddly with all the paper piecing. I just went onto one of The Wiggle sites and printed out a colouring page of Dorothy. I then cut her out and used her as a template for my design. Next I just matched the colouring of Dorothy to my paper....and....Voila!!! You may have noticed I cheated a little and used punches for the flower and spots on Dorothy, they are a little to perfect for free hand. Hope Jess likes it!!!
Materials used:
Cardstock: Handsome hunter, real red, summer sun & whisper white
Accessories: Black marker, wiggles colouring sheet (downloaded), spring flower bouquet punch & 1/2" circle punch

2 comments:

Alison Engesser said...

Very clever Megan. I am so impressed with this one I may Case yours. Cheers Alison

Sam Coppack said...

This looks great!!! You've done such a good job!