Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Colour Challenge


My son is attending a birthday party this weekend for one of his friends. I found this cute wrapping paper and decided to use the colours as inspiration for the birthday card. The colour combination is as follows:

Orchid Opulence
Rose Red
Barely Banana
Perfect Plum
Taken with Teal

I decided for the actual design, I would have a go at paper piecing. I used the scallop circle punch (pg 142) & spring flower bouquet punch (pg 142) for the flowers. The leaves I have taken from a retired stamp set called 'Friendship blooms', stamped in certainly celery and cut out. The green ribbon for the stems was just some miscellaneous ribbon (not stampin' up) I had lying around, but it matched beautifully. I have used stampin' dimensionals to lift the flowers up off the card . Silver brads (not stampin' up) have been used in the centre of each flower for added effect. I have used the Linen background stamp (pg 107) on the card itself, I have also used another retired set 'Fresh Fillers' to create some detail on the flowers themselves. The sentiment is from Occasional greetings (pg 121). This is the final result - hope you like :)

Materials used:
Cardstock: Orchid opulence, rose red, certainly celery, barely banana, taken with teal, very vanilla & perfect plum
Stamp sets: Occasional greetings, fresh fillers, linen & friendship blooms
Stamp pads: versamark, perfect plum & certainly celery
Accessories: Scallop circle punch, spring flower bouquet punch, silver brads, stampin' dimensionals & ribbon

No comments: