Stampin" Up's® Statement of the Heart

To love what we do and share what we love, as we help others enjoy creativity and worthwhile accomplishments....in this we make a difference!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

30th Birthday Invitation - Backyard BBQ


My sister is turning 30 next month and asked if I could make her invitations. She has decided to have a BBQ breakfast and wanted to have invitations that supported that theme. Initially we tried making a cup shaped card, and then an egg shaped card before I remembered this stamp set that is currently available from the Summer Mini catalogue. When I showed the set to my sister, she was sold!!! It is called Backyard BBQ and it is really cute. For this card, I have drawn inspiration from Splitcoast Stampers (excellent ideas on this site). I decided to use earth elements as my colour base. I have provided a list of materials used as per usual. Just so you know the heart on the apron has been taken from another stamp set called All About U, and the words 'to party' have been taken from the stamp set Everyday Flexible Phrases. The hearts on the summer sun strip are from Simple Sayings. The images on the card background and summer sun strip have been done using versamark.
Materials used:
Stamp sets: Backyard BBQ, All About U, Everday Flexible Phrases & Simple Sayings
Stamp pads: Chocolate chip, ruby red & versamark
Cardstock: Old olive, chocolate chip, summer sun & natural ivory

No comments: